Sunday, June 13, 2010

And so it begins...

So I've followed a few people's blogs and came to the realization that I should write one too. I kept having all of these thoughts in my head and I figure, why shouldn't I just write them down for everyone to see? Well ok then...here goes.
There's a few things you should all know about me before I start writing intimate details of my life.
#1. I'm pretty much a crazy lady, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I have mommy meltdowns, regular people meltdowns, I'm OCD with certain things, I'm very dysfunctional, I see a therapist, and at times I feel like I have no grip on life at all. But I've realized when you own it, it doesn't seem to be as bad. I mean, who's completely sane anyway? What's the fun in that?
#2. I have two of the best kids in the whole world. Grace is almost 4 and Gabriel is 2 1/2....they're probably 50% of my daily crazy meltdowns. I mean, love the kids to death and would do anything for them, but come on, some days I just want to sell them on E-bay.
#3. I've been married to my college sweetheart for 6 1/2 years. He's one of the best men I've ever known, and also one of the best fathers I've ever seen. He's the other 50% of my daily crazy meltdowns.
#4. I stay at home with my kids and wouldn't have it any other way. I do have days I wish I had a job and curse at my husband for "getting" to go to work, but most days I absolutely love it....when I'm not having one of my mommy meltdowns that is.
#5. I'm a giver by nature. I would much rather give than receive and I think that is one of my best qualities.
#6, I'm very sensitive. Like, really sensitive. Thing's affect me that probably shouldn't, and I cry during most movies whether it's sad or not.
#7. I'm a hopeless romantic, and wouldn't want to be any other way. I've often been ridiculed for having such a love for the white knight sweeping the lady off her feet, but it's a part of who I am. I believe that you can have the fairytale, not just dream about it. I mean, when it comes down to it, all you need is love...right? Well, and a few other things...
#8. One of my best stress relievers and loves is playing the guitar. It's my outlet. My dad used to sing to us when we were little, and it's one of my fondest childhood memories. I also write songs about things like how I hate to shave my legs.
#9. I love the Lord and I try to live for Him. It's been such a lifelong journey for me, and I'm still trying to find my own way, but I know that my life is so much better with Him.
#10. I love with all my heart, I give with everything I have, and if I'm a friend of yours, I will put 100% into it. Wow, that was kind of tooting my own horn now wasn't it?
So now you know the general things about me, and I already can't wait to write my next blog. So follow me if you dare. I'm not perfect (thank goodness) and I can't guarantee correct spelling or punctuation (and I have a teaching degree...sad!) But what I can guarantee is that I'll be completely honest and will hopefully make you laugh once in a while. I mean, life is pretty darn funny when you sit back and think about it. Right? God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment